So, earlier this week I happened upon a unique chocolate cake recipe that is ready in 5 minutes (literally!) and cooks in a mug in the microwave. On a whim, I decided to whip up a few cakes for dessert tonight and WOW! YUM YUM YUM!!! I don't know about you all, but I crave chocolate cake on a pretty regular basis, so knowing I could go from craving to indulging in 5 minutes is pretty thrilling to me!!! Ah, the simple pleasures in life=). I thought I'd share the recipe in case you are in need of a speedy chocolate cake fix...
Ingredients
4 tablespoons all purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips (or more, if you like!)
Directions
1. Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa in a microwave safe mug
2. Stir in egg
3. Pour in milk and oil and mix well
4. Stir in chocolate chips
5. Cook in microwave for 3-3 1/2 minutes on maximum power (cake will be a bit puffy at first- don't worry, it will settle)
6. Top with some vanilla ice cream and dig in!!!
Warning: mug will be hot!
Sorry, I don't have a picture to post... I was a little piggy and scarfed down half the cake in the blink of an eye=).
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
sounds good! nice thing about that is you don't have to make a WHOLE cake and have it sitting around the house enticing you to eat more!
Hiya Jenni!! I like that you blog stalked us!! :-)
Hellooo from NZ and thank you for your lovely words, its always nice to hear from new readers and know that you are also enjoying it. Hope you are feeling a bit better?
Of course we would love for you to follow us on our journeys, give me a cuppa and an hour and I will be catching up with your blog.
Lots of love, keep in touch xx
Have just found you via Chez Lee. I can't believe you're living in Dubai and working at the American School. Between 1974 and 1979 I lived right next door to the school in Jumeria. It was of course very different in those days and the school has likely moved from that site. I spent most of the time packed off at boarding school but had wonderful memories of sailing and swimming during the school holidays. Also shopping at the Al Nasr store, oh and the samosas - gosh, those, sights and sounds are coming back.
I've never returned to Dubai or Sharjah where we also lived. I guess it's because I know I won't know the place.
I love your photography - so crisp and clear. I shall definitely be back again to check in on you.
Julie
Post a Comment