Friday, September 4, 2009

OUCH!

Hey! Look at this...

Photobucket
While examining the above photo you may not have realized you just came face-to-face with a fierce, dangerous, thumb-nail mauling device. You might say, "That's just a paper towel dispenser!" But don't be fooled...




Photobucket
It has VERY sharp and VERY thick teeth- perfect for grabbing an innocent, unsuspecting thumbnail...



... like mine... =(

Photobucket




Photobucket

Last week we celebrated 2 birthdays in class, and we were fresh out of napkins, so, I headed over to the paper towel dispenser. Looking into my students' little sugar-crazed eyes, I knew I had to work fast, and I was pulling out paper towels at a near-frantic pace. I somehow, genius-ly, managed to catch the middle of my thumb nail on one of those nasty prongs. OUCH!!! It lifted the nail bed straight up and away from the skin... and that little sucker bled like crazy! Lucky thing I had a paper towel right in my hand! Ha! I am very proud of the fact that I didn't yell out some completely crass or inappropriate expression in front of my entire class and several parents... I managed to hold it together, however, I'm fairly certain I was cross-eyed with shocking pain there for a few minutes!

Despite the whole traumatic ordeal, I am still alive... whew! That was a close one!

0 comments: