Friday, January 29, 2010
Better Together...
Isaac stayed home in bed yesterday to rest a sore throat and to try and ward off a flu bug that had been threatening to strike for the past week. Finding the willpower to lift my head off his chest, and leave our warm cozy bed at 6:00 a.m. was immensely difficult. I set off for work alone, and as I reached for the ipod I thought about what music I'd like to listen to on this particularly dreary morning. When I'm alone in the car, I don't tend to take advantage of the vast collection of musical talents Isaac has collected- rather, I stick to a few musicians I know and love. Yes, I will admit I am a creature of habit. It only took a moment for me to decide that Jack Johnsons' light-hearted melodies were just what I needed to brighten my state of mind. I glanced down at the ipod to make my selection, and there it was already! My sweet hubby, anticipating on his drive home that he would not be well enough to go to work the next day, took a moment to set the ipod up with something he knew I would enjoy listening to on my solo morning drive. He chose my favorite track, a song played at our wedding, nonetheless! My heart nearly burst with love at that moment. Oh, how I love my Isaac!!! I never want to forget those little things he does for me... those precious little acts that show how well he knows me, how much cares for me, and how often he thinks of me. I am the luckiest girl in the world=). I am definitely going to slow down a bit more, and take the time to keep up our blog. We have too many wonderful small (and big) moments that I haven't taken the time to document... I don't want to do that anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This blog entry is sooooooooo sweet :) You guys are incredible! xo
How very sweet - brought the tears to my eyes. Always keep that spark going. love ya, janell
Post a Comment