Today was the first day back to school. Last year we packed up our classrooms, eagerly anticipating the move to the sparkly new Barsha campus, only to find out that the elementary building was no where near ready! So, we ended up back at the Jumeira campus. However, instead of returning to our old classrooms, we are now using the former middle and high school buildings. The elementary building is already occupied by another international school, and we will be sharing the campus for the next few months. It felt so strange to be back to our old campus, yet not have access to the elementary building.
It was so exciting reuniting with our friends and colleagues! I've never felt more attached to our school and Dubai than this year. Returning this fall really felt like a homecoming. After a morning of meetings, we were given time to work in our classrooms, and I couldn't be more thrilled about mine! Check it out!!!

I was given the old middle school drama room- complete with a stage!!! How awesome is that?! The room is huge, has tons of storage, and the stage will be a wonderful reading area (I'm sure we'll use it for performances as well!). I'm not sure I even want to move to the new campus now!
Here are a few more views of the room. We've already made quite a dent on all the boxes!
This is a view from the door...

The view from the corner where my desk will sit...

Just testing... =)

So, all in all, a great start to the year!
And, because I love my Miller cat OH SO much, I thought I'd include a cute little image of him! We pretty much hibernated all weekend to get over our jet-lag. Not sure what Miller's excuse was...

0 comments:
Post a Comment