
I'm happy to report little Safa is doing much better than when we found him. At our vet visit, the doctor confirmed Safa has an upper respiratory infection (kitty flu/cold) and sent us home with an arsenal of meds, eye ointment, and a foul tasting de-wormer, as dramatically expressed by Safa... spitting, gagging, drooling, and foaming at the mouth are all parts of his theatrical production.
Safa has warmed up to us, and has replaced his repertoire of hisses and spitting with purrs and and the cutest squeaky meow sounds when we enter the room. Safa and I bonded when I washed his crusty little face for the first time. I used a warm washcloth (thanks again for the great stocking stuffers, Sandy!) and massaged his face and body, much like his mom would have done when bathing him. From that moment on I was his new mom and he has been my little snuggle bug since! He also has started to play and loves chasing his tail. Too cute!
Here are a few more photos from May 7, the day after we brought Safa home.

snug as a bug... =)


He loves his washcloth!

0 comments:
Post a Comment