Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So nice to be back among the living!

It's been quite a while since I've had the energy to get on here and do anything but "blog stalk", and I am happy to report that I've finally rejoined the world of the living! I picked up a lovely (not really) loooooooong-lasting (really) virus that completely wiped me out for over 3 weeks! No bueno=(. After 2 weeks of complete exhaustion, sore throat, swollen glands, queasiness (no, I'm not pregnant!), fever, and a body ache, I finally went to the doctor and had some blood work done. Luckily, mono was not the nasty little culprit, but the doctor is fairly certain I have a similar, persistent virus. I also learned that my anemia may have a greater role in my general tiredness than previously thought. Not only are my blood cells small- the doctor actually called them "pathetic" because they are tiny, even for people with thalassemia- but they are also severely misshaped. Isn't that special?! So, at least I know now that I'm not a complete wimp- my pathetic, tiny, oddly-shaped blood cells are to blame! Minute and obscure as they are, I'm thankful to have 'em=). So, back to virus talk... I've been feeling pretty good for the last 4 days- wahoo! Unfortunately, the virus decided to take up residence in the Hotel Jenni right over the 2 weeks when my parents were visiting- argh! Lucky for me, they were here to take care of me, which I appreciated immensely, though I'm still bummed that 95% of their visit was restricted to the confines of our apartment... not very interesting! We did have a few nice dinners out, some fantastic dinners in, watched some movies, and spent a long time just talking! My mom and Isaac also went to the garden shop and stocked up on some foliage for our patio... more to come on this in future posts.
Upon returning to school I was met with countless hugs and snuggles from past and present students. My class crafted an assortment of adorable get well cards, and my kiddos from last year nearly brought tears to my eyes when they brought me a "Welcome Back" poster they had made. Goodness, how I love and miss those kids... my babies=).
Well, my apologies for the lack of excitement, interest, cuteness, etc in this post, but at least you are filled in on the past few weeks of my life. Ha! I will add more interesting, exciting, cute, etc. details and photos soon. It's good to be back=).

Hmmm... apparently Blogger is acting up because I can't seem to load any photos... this post gets less interesting by the minute! I will try again later.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you are finally feeling well! Can't wait to see you guys! The next month is gonna fly by!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I've really missed your posts and am so glad you're feeling better.

Drop by my blog when you get a chance as I've awarded you the 'Uber Amazing Blog' Award in my 'Sharing the Lurve' post. Your photographs are so fabulous and you guys write with such colour and humour. Plus, you're doing an incredible job in the classroom.

Wishing you well and so pleased you're 'back'!

Sarah x