Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Basil Plant Mystery!

I have now purchased nearly half a dozen basil plants, in the hopes of starting a little herb garden. Unfortunately, the insane summer heat killed off three of my plants, despite multiple daily waterings. One little plant managed to hang on when we placed it in our bedroom windowsill. Despite adequate sunshine and watering, it is still pretty measly. But, it was still alive (small victory!), so we decided to get our "survivor" a buddy, and added a new basil plant to the windowsill earlier this week. This morning, I discovered one possibility as to why our basil plants aren't flourishing...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Hmmm... what is this???



Miller is a closet basil muncher!!!

mmmm.... munch! munch!

Perhaps he has a little Italian blood in him???



Who, me???




A few other cute pics from this morning... Isaac got sick last night and was miserable, to say the least =(. Bella has been very concerned for him, and hasn't left his side. Her (seemingly) high level of understanding never ceases to amaze me! She displays so many compassionate, human-like characteristics. The minute I sat up this morning, Bella moved up onto the pillow to snuggle up with her daddy=). Such a sweet little girl...



Starting to wiggle a bit now that Isaac acknowledged her=)

1 comments:

Micheal.Hartshorn said...

I love the paw on the shoulder, so as to ask, "you okay dad?"