Friday, February 6, 2009

Lesson of the day...

Never, and I mean NEVER leave your precious camera and lovely little brand new 50mm f1.4 portrait lens sitting in the middle of the dining room table! A frisky cat may come along and knock it onto the stone floor. ARGH!!!!!

Oh, my poor lens, I am so sorry you have passed on... I promise I will NEVER EVER EVER be so STUPID as to leave one of your fellow friends out like that AGAIN!

Lesson learned!!!

In more positive news, it's the weekend! Hooray! We slept in until 9:00, which was heavenly. Now, my sweet hubby is whipping us up some scrumptious french toast. YUM! AND, we have been invited to a Chinese New Year party this afternoon. I'm really looking forward to it!
Perhaps after the party we'll swing by Sharaff and see if we can find a new portrait lens, as well as a new UN-DOG-CHEWED camera bag. *Sigh* Another quick lesson... NEVER leave Mentos (those glorious little fresh-makers) in your camera bag. A sneaky little dog may come by and chew a hole through the bag to get them.

Reflecting on this post, I suppose another lesson learned is that your life is much easier if you don't have pets... hmmm...

2 comments:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Oh, so sad, little lens. Josh accidentally dropped my 50mm once and it broke too. I was so happy to have it back! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Isaac and Jenni! We too have enjoyed looking at all of the beautiful photographs and reading your daily deliveries. You two are blessed to have one another. We hope you do get a chance to stay with us in a few weeks and it would be great to coordinate a weekend to explore Dubai! Take care and tell Isaac to email Mike about staying with us!!! Happy Weekend!!!
xoo mike and erin