Yesterday my students were working on a spelling activity where they were gluing their words to posters. Things were going smoothly when it was brought to my attention that Julian had rubbed a glue stick all over (and I mean ALL OVER) the back of Javier's shirt. I immediately sent Julian out of the room, made sure Javier was ok and that his shirt was wearable, and then headed out in the hall to discuss the matter with Julian. I was honestly shocked by the whole event, as Julian as always been very quiet and well behaved. I asked him what had happened and what the purpose behind his action was. He wasn't mad at Javier, and didn't think putting glue on him would be funny, so we eventually concluded that he had just made a bad choice. He was clearly remorseful- hands clasped in his lap, eyes brimming with tears, bottom lip quivering. I asked Julian why putting glue on Javier might be a problem, and Julian replied with the utmost concern and sincerity...
"He might get stuck to the wall."
Hahahaha!!! It's moments like that where I REALLY love my job.
Today we were using lap tops in the classroom to research Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Students recorded the facts they found on a web, and then used the information to create travel brochures. We had a great time with the whole project, and at one point during the activity each student got to share one of the facts they had learned with the class. Alexander was quite proud to share that there are "thousands of different
orgasms in the Great Barrier Reef." YIKES!!! Thank goodness none of the kids understood his blunder, so I made sure to slide in a quick comment with clear enunciation of that all-too-important missing syllable, "Yes, there are many orgaNIsms in the Great Barrier Reef. OrgaNIsms are living things."
2 comments:
Too funny, can't you just see one of them talking to their parents over dinner about all the orgasms on the beaches of Austrailia. "ya, know, the one's Mrs. Marshall told us about!"
Hehehe... How did you contain your laughter when he gave you that answer? I would have lost it. :)
Post a Comment